Friday, January 22, 2010

Welcome

Greetings Students!

As most of you know the semester starts on January 26th. Most students are scrambling to fill their schedules for the coming semester, and with the shortage of classes, this is no easy task.

I want to make sure each of you were aware of a few things about Communication 141P online, Small Group Communication, before the semester begins:

1). The class you are enrolled in for Comm 141P is an online class. This means that most coursework is completed online and not in a classroom setting. This has confused some in the past.

2). There are no scheduled class meetings for this course. I will hold office hours online through Yahoo Messenger on Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout the semester. I will also answer email consistently.

3). If you need to contact me at anytime from this point forward, please DO NOT USE the sjsu email address that I have sent this message from. Rather, use the following email address: comm141spring2010@gmail.com

4). Please bookmark my blog address: http://comm141spring2010.blogspot.com/

I will make announcements, post class updates, and generally keep in touch with the class as a whole through my blog and through mass email. So bookmark my blog, and check it often.


Some of this information may seem a bit foreign to you, and will make more sense once you are able to access the class through Blackboard. Until Blackboard opens up for access, which should be a the day the semester begins, use the email address I have listed here, and check my blog for updates. During the semester I update my blog numerous times a week. Prior to the semester I will update periodically.

Again, if there are any questions about the course, please contact me at: comm141spring2010@gmail.com and please bookmark my blog address at: http://comm141spring2010.blogspot.com/ and be sure to check it often!

I look forward to sharing this semester with you, and hope that your break has been an enjoyable one.

:)
Carol-Lynn Perez, M.A.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Professor Perez! I am looking forward to taking your class! (Rina aka Molly)

    ReplyDelete