Monday, April 26, 2010

Observation of an Outside Group Grading AND Letter Submission

GRADING

I have had a few questions about how I will grade the Observation of an Outside Group Paper. I will use the exact rubric I have been using all semester to grade your papers. I have uploaded the grading rubric to the "Projects" page on Blackboard. It is titled "ObservationGradingRubric".

Please download the rubric and use it in conjunction with the assignment sheet when finalizing your papers. The grading rubric, as you know, has additional information for the assignment. Please review it and make sure you have included everything required for the final assignment. My goal, as it has been all semester, is for every student to succeed in this course. Grading should be clear, and there should be absolutely no ambiguity to the grading process in this course.

LETTER SUBMISSION from the group leader

Your final project should include a letter from the group leader stating that you have attended at least two group meetings and that you are not already a member of the group you chose to observe. I would suggest writing the letter yourself and simply having the group leader sign the letter. If your group leader has already written the letter - AWESOME!!!

Please notify me ON YOUR REFERENCE PAGE IN A SMALL NOTE how you will be submitting your letter to me. I would prefer that you scan it into the computer and send it as an attachment along with your final paper. However, I understand that some folks do not have access to a scanner. You can either scan it into the computer and email it with your final paper by the assignment due date, or you can put it in an envelope and drop it by the Communication Studies Department Office. But please remember to notify me of how you will submit the letter.

If you have any questions about either of these issues, please contact me. I'm here to help! :)

1 comment:

  1. i have a question.. some of the items for our project you said to scan however, i do not own scanner. So how am i gong to get around that. I mean i was asking if we can just email everything to you.

    ReplyDelete